a b o u t
Carlos Vargas-Ortiz is a Honduran musician, arranger and music educator in the Cincinnati/Tri-State Area.
Vargas- Ortiz moved to Cincinnati, OH in the spring of 2007 to pursue his music education at the prestigious Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music.
After digging into jazz during his time at CCM, he has continued teaching, recording and also performing in various ensembles in the Tri- State area and internationally.
He has worked with renowned artist such as; Barry Ries, Tacji, JSPH, Phil Degreg and John Von Ohlen among others.Vargas-Ortiz has toured around the US, Europe, Asia and Russia to perform and to promote a number of renowned music instrument brands.
g e a r
- Fibenare Roadmaster 56'
- Fibenare Basic Jazz Rahan
- Suhr Classic Pro
- Suhr Classic T
- Fender Telecaster 60th Anniversary
- Fender Stratocaster Custom - Texas Specials
- Gibson ES-137 ' 98
- Gibson Howard Roberts Custom, '74
- Kemper Profiler Amp - for Home and Studio recording
- Fender Blues Junior
- '69 Fender Champ Amps
- Bad Cat Amps
- Mesa Boogie Express 25
- Mesa Boogie Cabs
- Kustom Hi-PAC10 & 12.
- Keeley 4 knob Compresor
- Xotic EP Booster
- Wampler Tom Quayle Dual Fusion
- Fulltone OCD
- CMAT Mods Signa Drive
- Amp Tweaker Swirpool
- Redwitch Empress Chorus/Vibe
- Strymon Timeline Delay
- Empress Vintage Modified Super Delay
- Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man
- Neunaber Audio Stereo Wet Reverb
-Analog Endeavors Neunaber Wet V1 Dual Expression / Preset Switch
Carlos Vargas- Ortiz proudly endorses Fibenare Guitars & Levy’s Leathers products.